Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tyler Tyler Tyler and Christmas in February

Ok so this past week has been a WHIRLWIND of events and emotions. There are going to be alot alot of pictures in this post so if you are not into that sort of thing then I suggest you stop reading this right NOW. I started off last week anticipating my brothers homecoming from his mission in North Carolina. Wednesday was the day and when it finally came, it proved to be one of the best days of my life. We all gathered at Sky Harbor Airport terminal 3 around 3 o' clock in the afternoon and waited for him to walk past the south security checkpoint and back into our lives.

I can't explain the sheer excitement and joy that I felt at this moment in time right here:

Reunited with my best friend after two years. I missed him so dang much I can't even explain. I never wanted to let go of him at this moment in time right here:
Tyler's welcoming committee (minus Gary Bear, we made him take the picture)

After we left the airport, we all went to Mama's to hang out with some more of the family and eat tons of food like always. We spent a few hours there so he could visit with everyone before we drove back to Prescott for him to be released from his mission.

Brooky Poo meeting her Uncle Tyler for the first time since she was born. She was the first baby he has held in two years. She loves him already.

Uncle "Tiger" teaching Addy pants how to catch a football.

Addyson doing arabesques with her daddy cavalier

No longer a missionary. Sitting on the bedroom floor in regular clothes, and crazy socks.

I don't think I look happy at all do I? We stayed up so late just hanging out and talking and listening to the music he has missed the past two years and hearing stories of his mission. He is so amazing.

His Buddy Holly look suits him well, no?
After all that amazingness ended, we went back to Phoenix for a few days and then drove back up to Prescott on Friday night so that we could have our Christmas celebration with Tyler here. We all gave him our presents and he gave us ours. And of course Santa brought everyone a little something as well. That day, we went shopping at the mall and then went home and ate ravioli dinner (my dad made special cheese ravioli for the vegetarian of the family) and then we opened presents. After that, we watched This Is It and The Dark Knight. Casey and his wife Jenna came over, as well as Richard. My friend Jackie came up with me from Phoenix and spent the whole weekend with us, so it was just a huge party at the Regnier's all weekend long. :)

Doing what us Regnier's do best...EATING

Silly faces

Silly hats (This is Jackie aka My Twin)

The cutest girls in the whole entire world driving a car in the mall

Momo and Addy going to their favorite store

Stroller roller coaster!

Playing in the snow...sooo cold haha
At dinner, my mom introduced to us a Mardi Gras cake which had a baby Jesus hidden inside of it. Apparently its a grand tradition for Mardis Gras or something and whoever gets the piece with the baby Jesus in it is the King.

Evan was the King...poor baby Jesus

Me and my love at dinner...only cheese ravioli for us please!

Present time, Brooky is excited!

Assuming the Christmas positions

Ready for some Christmas action

Addyson playing on her new Tinkerbell blanket

Tyler being Santa

It truly was a great week. After Saturday night, Jackie and I had to drive back to Phoenix for work but then after work on Monday, we turned around and drove back to spend a few more days with Tyler, and Richard of course. We just hung out, watched movies, went out to eat and twiddled our thumbs a little bit but it was so nice to spend quality time with people that I love. I am so blessed. I am so glad that Tyler had such an amazing experience on his mission and am so glad for how much he has grown. His influence on me is so great and I look up to him in so many ways. I am such a lucky girl to know him and to get to have him as a brother and best friend.


2 comments:

  1. Aw yay he's home! I'm so happy for you :))

    I love that you guys had a full-on christmas celebration in February. SO awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ATTENTION!!!! I didn't know you had such a delightful blog my dear!! Love it and I'm adding you to my follow list honey bunny! Love you and your family tons and tons...WELCOME HOME TYLER!!!
    Come see us Anjoolie

    ReplyDelete